laser problem-activation

General discussion about all things Tooli
kenn32707

laser problem-activation

Postby kenn32707 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:30 am

Hi Support,

i made a gride within the tooli work area. saved it as an svg file imorted it into art2gcode. within the art2gcode i activate the laser procedure and imported my svg file.

i selected all my paths and activated cam menu item /laser path / calculate tool path and export to gcode.

when i insert the memory card into my tooli, i go through the process for the laser procedure and load my file to start. after the warning screen for protective eye ware, i press run and it start a timer and just sits there............

am i missing something??

i was able to plot a 2x2 full work area size grid useing a sharpie on my assembly table. i am not able to reproduce the same result with the laser assembly.

i am able to activate laser useing the control function and of course move the hear all around the work area freely useing the control panel.

also laser key control is set to on position

add: I cant attach my svg file and or my glsr file for inspection . the forum attachment protocols does not allow these two extensions

Toolbotics Support

Re: laser problem-activation

Postby Toolbotics Support » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:27 am

At the beginning of a laser job there is a 5 second delay before the head moves to the first coordinate. Initially the two LED's on top of the laser tool-head should illuminate and the cooling fan should activate. After this a countdown timer starts, to allow for unprotected eyes to be diverted/protected. If after 5-10 seconds the tool-head doesn't move, then there may be an issue with the G-Code.

If you are unable to upload the svg and glsr files to forum, please send them to support@toolbotics.com
Toolbotics Forum Support

kenn32707

Postby kenn32707 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:39 am

emailing now

also when activating job, it doesn't move for any of the files I have use cept for one single file in which it moved to the near center of the work area and sits there.

all file cept that one file the progress meter indicates 100%, no leds on laser head ...nothing. the timer continues to count up. I have let it sit for 30 minutes with same end result.

kenn32707

Postby kenn32707 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:05 am

add:

I went and tried drawing just with the art2gcode portal. a simple cirle and square. I went to the process identifying thje toolpaths and getting it calculated. and exported it into gcode.

I start the job on the tooli itself and same result it just sits there...... :(

extra info if it helps

Toolbotics Support

Postby Toolbotics Support » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 am

We have tested the files you sent through on one of our demo machines, and four of the six files worked perfectly. The other two started OK but got stuck in a loop with a color change event at the start. This was an unknown issue and it would pay to leave "Toolpath Colour ID" as "None" until it's fixed.

Is it possible that you are using a Mac to load the files onto the SD card? Macs typically add a small data file with the same name and suffix when copying files to SD cards. When you scroll through the SD card job files with the touchscreen, look for duplicate file names. If there are two files with identical names, choosing the one without G-Code content will present the issues you are encountering.
Toolbotics Forum Support

kenn32707

Postby kenn32707 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi,

4 of the 6 files worked???. wow i couldnt get any to activate cept the one which ended up in the color change loop. i created those files in both my mac and my pc useing illustrator. and files where transfered to my NAS and pull to my other pc which has the sdcard slot. ill start from scratch again tonight strictly from my PC...

i also tried useing the art2gcode portal last night after i email draw simple paths and object and saveing the exported gcode to the sdcard ... it did the same thing (nothing).

with that in mind could something else be apparent in this issue??

Greg R

Postby Greg R » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm using a mac - if you want to try sending them to me and see if I can reproduce your problem and see if it's mac related you can email to dpakoh [at] gmail.com

Toolbotics Support

Postby Toolbotics Support » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:12 am

It's possible that there may be corrupt or missing packets from the initial firmware upload to your Tooli's control board. It might be a good idea to reload the firmware to test this theory. I will email you a copy of your Tooli's firmware along with upload instructions.
Toolbotics Forum Support

kenn32707

Postby kenn32707 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:01 pm

thank you

i received the email and will update firmware.
i want to add. i downloaded inkscape and convert my ai files to svg file before uploading to art2gcode last night. this was just on a whim....

it worked. sort of.
20160707_201204.jpg
20160707_201204.jpg (157.77 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
20160707_201143.jpg
20160707_201143.jpg (124.89 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
20160707_201137.jpg
20160707_201137.jpg (126.76 KiB) Viewed 1934 times

there were some skip had to run 2nd pass inorder for complete laser through. i have a fan faceing laser head to make sure smoke was not the reason.

weird.. the second pass succeeded. i like the run again ability

ok well besides that it would seem that files save in inkscape SVG worked instead of illustrator SVG. with that note. what are the spec of the svg file.. .. compressed svg, svg 1.0, svg1.0 etc. with illustrator i use svg 1.0 non compressed. inkscape doesnt give options like that.

what result i got last night .....super estatic... laser sharp stenciles

Toolbotics Support

Postby Toolbotics Support » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:12 am

The missing sections shown in your photos are most likely not related to the SVG. If there were any issues with the SVG, or if G-Code were missing in the file, the 'Run Again' feature would have reproduced the missing sections.

Try uploading the firmware to the controller as previously discussed. If the issue persist, there may be an issue with the SD card intermittently hold back information. Perhaps try another SD card if the firmware upload doesn't remedy the issue. The SD card capacity must be 4G or less.

The image below shows the Illustrator settings we use for creating SVG's.

svg options.jpg
svg options.jpg (164.18 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
Toolbotics Forum Support