sensor adjustment.

Ask questions and find answers about assembling Tooli
kenn32707

sensor adjustment.

Postby kenn32707 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi Support,
receieved my tooli yesterday, it is fully assembled. when i fired it up and had machine seek limits, it made a terrible racket as it discovered its y limit. this rattle did not stop unitl i nudged the sensor plate towards the left sensor. i checked my diaginal measurements and my frames is quite square.

what adjustments can be made?

Toolbotics Support

Re: sensor adjustment.

Postby Toolbotics Support » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:32 am

Bolted to the underside of the gantry beam on the left hand side is a small right angle bracket. This bracket triggers the Y Axis sensor when seeking limits. The single mounting hole in the bracket is slotted. If you loosen the screw holding the bracket in place you will be able to slide the bracket toward the sensor. When securing the bracket, do not over-tighten the screw as the bracket will bend.
Toolbotics Forum Support

kenn32707

Postby kenn32707 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Thank you for the quick response , ill make that adjustment and see if it improves.

Martin D

Postby Martin D » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Hey Support!
I seem to be experiencing the same problem during the "seek limits" part of the sequence. I am attaching pictures and a "movie file" that directly explains my plight. I tried the solution mentioned above, I still have the same problem.
Attachments
TooliRacketNoise.jpg
TooliRacketNoise.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2015 times

Toolbotics Support

Postby Toolbotics Support » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:59 am

There's no movie attached. The forum has a max file limit and we recommend uploading videos elsewhere (dropbox, google drive) and just providing a link here.

When seeking limits the gantry should first move to the back of the machine and trigger the LHD sensor, then the head carriage should move to the right and trigger the RHD sensor. If this is not the case then check the following...

Stepper motor cables are plugged into the correct socket and orientated corrected (observing LHD/RHD and markings).
Sensor cables are plugged into the correct socket and orientated corrected (observing LHD/RHD and markings).
With the gantry and head carriage well away from the sensors, the LED indicators on the back of the sensors should be illuminated. If the LED's aren't illuminated in this situation, then check the connections.
Toolbotics Forum Support

Greg R

Postby Greg R » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 pm

When mine was first installed, one of the guide belts had slipped off the wheel and was on the lower part of the guide spool for the belt. this meant anytime it was close to one corner the belt was grinding against the metal corner bracket and making this same sound. It was hard to find, but once we traced our eyes around the belt - we finally saw where it had slipped down from where it's supposed to be. I'll take a photo of it when I get back home to show where I had an issue - maybe a place to check on yours!

Greg R

Postby Greg R » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:53 pm

If you notice in this photo: the belt is on the proper wheel, but after install - at some point it slipped off onto the silver part, so the machine would work as normal until getting to that rear corner, at which point the vertical shear of the belt was dragging on the edge of the guide bracket in the 2nd photo.

And note - the dust in appears way more in the photos with the flash than to the naked eye, it looks clean looking at it in person...