Laser- experiences and numbers/tips

Tips and tricks from users
kenn32707

Laser- experiences and numbers/tips

Postby kenn32707 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi owners, And gregg whom ask for this earlier

the tooli is a very special machine. i want to contribute my experiences for all owners as i continue to use the laser / airbrush attachments.

standard posterboard. power 80% speed 3, hieght off substrate 3mm, passes 1, result succeeded. i think a bit over powering ill experiemnt and repost.
mylar 10mil-ill try this weekend
vinyl ##mil-ill try this weekend
sandblast vinyl-ill try some weekend
balsa craft wood-just bought a piece, ill try some weekend

see-n'-see

Re: Laser- experiences and numbers/tips

Postby see-n'-see » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Kenneth,

I was wondering if you or anyone else can share their what speeds/power% they're using for different substrates, and any tips with the laser. I haven't had a chance to use the laser function yet so I was hoping for a little headstart before I do :)

Greg R

Postby Greg R » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:36 pm

My tooli has been collecting dust as I've been busy and traveling for the past month and a half. I was planning on firing it up today to work on some laser+wood projects. I'll try to report my findings later today!

Greg R

Postby Greg R » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Well I had played around a bit with getting a large image file to burn on some wood. I have the laser 4mm from the surface. Max power was set to 100 with minimum set to 0. Speed I set at 5, no other variables were changed. This seemed to work. I believe these are very similar settings to other things I've tested with the laser when just doing vector files.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”